Meringues are a staple in any baker’s repertoire! A light and airy treat with an instantly recognisable texture, they are a key ingredient in many desserts, from Pavlova to Eton Mess. In this post, Jess (@4cake_sake) shares her easy flavoured meringues recipe, showing you how to create them with just a few ingredients.
The secret? Ingenious Edibles have created a range of concentrated flavoured icing sugars! With bursts of strawberry, lemon, salted caramel or classic vanilla, they create delicious treats that don’t need to be a part of any bigger bake – they will be the hit of the treat table all on their own!
Watch Jess put this gorgeous strawberry dessert together here on our YouTube channel!
Meringues Recipe – what you need:
4 large egg whites
115 grams caster sugar
50 grams Ingenious Edibles flavour
65 grams icing sugar
Before you begin making your meringues, set fan oven to 100c and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whip the egg whites in your stand mixer on medium speed. Make sure the bowl of the stand mixer has been cleaned with vinegar to get rid of any grease. Whip until the egg whites are fluffy and can hold a stiff peak.
- Turn up the speed and add the caster sugar one spoonful at a time, leaving 3-4 seconds between spoonfuls to let the sugar incorporate into the egg whites. Continue until you have added in all the sugar and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Sift together your Ingenious Edibles flavour of choice and plain icing sugar.
- Pour 1/3 of this mixture into the meringue mixture and fold in the icing sugar with a rubber spatula. Continue 1/3 at a time until you have added all the icing sugar mixture. The meringue mixture will be smooth and thick.
- You can either scoop out the mixture onto your baking tray prepped with parchment paper, or you can add the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large piping tip. Pipe out your mixture onto your lined baking trays and bake in your preheated oven for 1.5 hours (in a fan oven).
- The meringues are done when they are crisp on the bottom but still marshmallowy on the inside.
- The best bit – share, eat and enjoy!!
Over to you!
Thanks so much to Jess for sharing this easy meringues recipe with us. Now it’s over to you! Everything you need is listed here, the only decision you need to make is which flavour to try first…
Looking for more inspo?!