Orange Spice and Everything Nice!
‘Tis almost the season to be jolly, which is a good excuse as any for some yummy and festively spiced treats!
We thought we’d share some delicious recipes including one of our favourite Choc Shots from Sweet Freedom – orange spice! Not a fan of this autumn favourite? You can substitute any of Sweet Freedom’s award-winning Choc Shots!
Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls
Great fun to make with all the family for a tasty treat after dinner!
Makes 8 Balls, 1 Hour
• 100g oats
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• Juice from 1 large orange
• Zest from ½ orange
• Pulp from ½ orange
• 25g desiccated coconut
• 2 tsp Sweet Freedom Choc Shot Orange Spice
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor.
2. Once mixed and started to form a sticky texture, shape into balls. If too wet, add more oats.
3. Store in the fridge and serve with an extra drizzle of Choc Shot Orange Spice.
There’s nothing better than the all-time classic – custard! Enjoy on its own or with a yummy pudding.
Makes 4 Servings
• 400ml plant-based milk
• 4 tbsp Choc Shot Orange Spice
• 3 tbsp cornflour
• Orange or clementine segments for topping
1. Add 400ml of milk into a jug and then pour 300ml of it into a saucepan, leaving 100ml in the
2. Heat the milk in the pan and add the Choc Shot Orange Spice and stir until combined.
3. Add the cornflour to the 100ml milk in the jug and stir until smooth.
4. Add the heated milk to the milk and cornflour mixture in the jug, stir, then immediately pour
all of it back into the saucepan.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the custard thickens.
6. Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat.
7. Serve the custard warm with puddings or cold with orange or clementine segments.
Three-Ingredient Chocolate Orange Cookies
This recipe is perfect if you don’t have much in, just grab these 3 ingredients and you’re set to make zesty, delicious cookies.
Makes 16 cookies, 30 minutes
• 270g almond flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 130g Sweet Freedom Choc Shot Orange Spice
1. Preheat the oven to 180° and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the almond flour and baking powder together in a medium bowl. Switch to a wooden
spoon and stir in the Choc Shot Orange Spice. Stir until a sticky dough forms and holds
3. Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking tray, about 1 inch apart.
Press the dough down and mould into egg shapes.
4. Bake until the edges are golden brown, taking approximately 12 minutes.
5. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for around 3 minutes.
6. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Decorate with a drizzle of Choc Shot Orange Spice!
This recipe works great with any Sweet Freedom Choc Shots.