Cake Lace is so easy to use! Simply make to the manufacturer's instructions, spread onto the mat and place in the oven at 80°C. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, take out of the oven and cool for five minutes; your Cake Lace is now ready to use. From start to finish your Cake Lace could be ready to use in less than 30 minutes.
This brand new Cake Lace has come pre-coloured. All you need to do is apply this to your mat, following the instructions found on the video or your tub.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Cake Lace comes in two separate parts, Part A and Part B. Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
Black Cake Lace can also be used with the Silho Cake Mats.
Q: How many sheets of Cake Lace can you make with 500g?
A: Depending on the design, you can achieve up-to 20-25 sheets.
Q: Does all the coloured Cake Lace dry stiffer than the standard white mix?
A: No, only the Pearlised White, Gold and Silver colours are stiff when dry, however, you can add white cake lace to the back of them and bake again in the oven to make them softer.
Q: Does the coloured Cake Lace stain the Cake Lace mats?
A: No it does not stain the mats.
Q: Can Cake Lace be applied to vanilla buttercream, ganache or swiss meringue buttercream?
A: Cake Lace can be applied to ganache and swiss meringue buttercream, however, we do not recommend applying Cake Lace to buttercream as this stays soft.
Q: Can I use Cake Lace on chocolate?
A: Yes, Cake Lace can be used on chocolate, some colours may need a tiny bit of edible glue to adhere.
To make 90g of Cake Lace (which will cover one large Cake Lace mat):
1. Preheat your oven to 70 - 80°C.
2. Place 40ml of water into the bowl of your food mixer.
3. Add 42g (approx. 4 tablespoons) of Part A powder.
4. Mix on high for two minutes.
5. Add 2.5ml (approx. 1/2 teaspoon) of Part B liquid.
6. Mix on high for 4-6 minutes until Cake Lace looks smooth.
7. Spread some of the Cake Lace onto your chosen mat using a Cake Lace spreading knife. Work the mixture in all directions to ensure that there is an even coverage. Remove any excess with the spreading knife.
8. Place into your pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes to dry the Cake Lace.
9. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes for the Cake Lace to cool.
10. Check that the Cake Lace is ready by peeling the edge of the Cake Lace from the mat. It should release easily. If it does not, the Cake Lace is not dry yet, so place it back in the oven for another 4 minutes, and then test again
11. Place the dried Cake Lace face down onto a clean surface and, using the Cake Lace spreading knife, release it from the mat. Cake Lace can be air dried and will take between 6-8 hours.
12. To fix the Cake Lace to your cake, brush a little cooled, boiled water straight onto your sugarpaste covered cake and then press the Cake Lace gently onto the cake.
You will have a small amount of the Part B liquid left over, you can optionally use this to create a softer lace.
Cake Lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake Lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
WHEAT starch; Fructose; Glucose; Thickener: E440; Colourings: E171, E155, E151, E133; Flavour: Vanilla (MILK), Preservative E202.
May contain traces of NUTS
Allergens shown in BOLD.
Suitable for vegetarians.
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
When Choosing DPD:
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images*) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched the same business day (Monday - Friday). Orders placed after 4pm using this method will be dispatched on the next working day.
When Choosing Yodel:
Any order placed before 8pm (3:30pm for edible images*) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched the same business day (Monday - Friday). Orders placed after 8pm using this method will be dispatched on the next working day.
A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
When Choosing DPD:
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day.
When Choosing Yodel:
Any order placed before 8pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day.
A signature is required for these methods, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend. Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following week day.