Create perfect edges on your ganache cake designs using this Round Ganache Frame by Choctastique.
The Choctastique Ganache Frame helps to create ganached ‘lids’ for the top and bottom of cakes. The Perspex lid will act as a guide when ganaching the sides of your cakes ensuring super sharp and sleek edges on every cake.
Ganache lids can be made in advance and stored in between parchment paper in the fridge for super speedy future cake decorating.
The Choctastique Ganache Frame can also be used to achieve sharp edges on sugarpaste covered cakes by using the central disk from the frame as a guide to smooth your sugarpaste against.
Measures approximately 3mm thick.
How to use your Choctastique Ganache Frame:
1. Place parchment paper on a tray or work board on a flat surface.
2. Remove the central disk of the ganache frame and place the halo part of the ganache frame on to your parchment paper.
3. Place ganache in the middle of the halo ganache frame and spread it until it fills the frame.
4. Use a large scraper to remove excess ganache and level ganache with the halo frame.
5. Refrigerate ganache for 30 minutes or until it has set.
6. Remove from the fridge and use a hot spatula to smooth the ganache surface.
7. Run the tip of a hot sharp knife around the inside of the halo frame to release the ganache from the halo frame.
8. Gently remove the ganache from the halo frame.
9. Secure your cake to a cake board of the same size using some ganache.
10. Spread a small amount of ganache on top of the cake and place the ganache lid in the centre of the cake surface.
11. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the cake and ganache the surface of the cake.
12. Place a turntable upside down on the surface of the cake and flip the cake carefully so that the ganache surface is on the bottom of
the cake and the cake board on the top.
13. Place the perspex lid on top of the cake and apply ganache to the sides of your cake, using a ganache scraper to create a smooth finish.
14. When smooth ganached sides have been achieved, remove the ganache lid and carefully flip your cake back over.
15. Peel off parchment paper to reveal a smooth, straight edge.
16. Allow you cake to set for a few hours in a cool place or the fridge.
To safeguard our staff and adhere to social distancing we have less staff currently packing in our warehouse. This means that unless you order for next day delivery, your order may not be dispatched the same day.
However, your order will still arrive within the timescales quoted at checkout.
Dispatch Time & Price
Please note that delivery timescales have slightly increased, due to the current situation regarding Covid-19 and delivery restrictions. We hope to return these to normal levels shortly.
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.