The Choctastique Ganache Frame helps to create ganached ‘lids’ for the top and bottom of cakes. The Perspex lid will act as a guide when ganaching the sides of your cakes ensuring super sharp and sleek edges on every cake.
Ganache lids can be made in advance and stored in between parchment paper in the fridge for super speedy future cake decorating.
The Choctastique Ganache Frame can also be used to achieve sharp edges on sugarpaste covered cakes by using the central square from the frame as a guide to smooth your sugarpaste against.
How to use your Choctastique Ganache Frame:
1. Place parchment paper on a tray or work board on a flat surface
2. Remove the central square of the ganache frame and place the halo part of the ganache frame on to your parchment paper
3. Place ganache in the middle of the halo ganache frame and spread it until it fills the frame
4. Use a large scraper to remove excess ganache and level ganache with the halo frame
5. Refrigerate ganache for 30 minutes or until it has set
6. Remove from the fridge and use a hot spatula to smooth the ganache surface
7. Run the tip of a hot sharp knife around the inside of the halo frame to release the ganache from the halo frame
8. Gently remove the ganache from the halo frame
9. Secure your cake to a cake board of the same size using some ganache
10. Spread a small amount of ganache on top of the cake and place the ganache lid in the centre of the cake surface
11. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the cake and ganache the surface of the cake
12. Place a turntable upside down on the surface of the cake and flip the cake carefully so that the ganache surface is on the bottom of the cake and the cake board on the top
13. Place the perspex lid on top of the cake and apply ganache to the sides of your cake, using a ganache scraper to create a smooth finish
14. When smooth ganached sides have been achieved, remove the ganache lid and carefully flip your cake back over
15. Peel off parchment paper to reveal a smooth, straight edge
16. Allow you cake to set for a few hours in a cool place or the fridge
Dispatch Time & Price
Orders which are placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) will be dispatched on the same working day (Monday - Friday). Please note that this does not include Bank Holidays.
3 Days (Mon-Sat)
£2.99 (Free - spend over £40)
2 Days (Mon-Sat)
£3.99 (£1.99 - spend over £40)
Hermes - Next Day Delivery (Mon-Sat)
£4.99 (£3.99 - spend over £40)
DPD - Next Day Delivery (Mon-Fri)
£6.99 (£5.99 - Spend Over £40)
Pre 10:30am (Mon - Fri)
Pre 12:00pm (Mon - Fri)
Saturday or Sunday Delivery*
£5.99 (£2.99 - spend over £40)
International Delivery Pricing
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Please note, there may be additional postage charges if your order consists of unusually large or heavy items. If this is the case, you will be contacted prior to dispatch.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands.
If delivery cannot be made, DPD will try again on the next working day. If this is unsuccessful, it will be held at the depot for an additional 5 working days. After this, the parcel will be returned to us, at a surcharge of £5.
Please Note: None of our services are a guaranteed service. DPD have a 98% success rate on next day deliveries.
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.