Great chefs commonly use acetate sheets to put stunning finishing touches on cakes, candies and other desserts. Bakers use the sheets by spreading a thin layer of chocolate or candy onto a sheet, which can then be picked up and moulded into fanciful shapes or placed on baked goods. In this way, chefs can create chocolate cut-outs, wraps and decorations for their pastries. It's even possible to print designs on the acetate and then use them as "transfer sheets" for your desserts.
Please clean before use.
1. Cut the acetate sheet into shapes that will fit the cakes you're trying to cover. For example, if you have a round cake, you can cut a circle for the top and long strips for the sides.
2. Place the pieces of the acetate sheet flat on the counter on top of a piece of foil or wax paper.
3. Pour a thick layer of melted chocolate or liquid candy on the pieces and use a spatula to spread it evenly onto the acetate sheet. The candy will bleed over the edges onto the foil or wax paper beneath.
4. Leave the sheets to stand to allow the chocolate or candy to set for about five to 10 minutes until it is partially hardened but still very flexible. If you wait too long, the chocolate will become too firm to mould around your cake.
5. Lift each piece of acetate sheet very carefully and press the candy-coated side against your baked goods.
6. Place the entire cake, with the acetate sheets firmly in place, into the refrigerator and wait 30 minutes or until the candy has completely hardened.
7. Peel the acetate sheets off the cake very carefully. The chocolate or candy must stay on your cake while you peel away the acetate sheets and discard them.
CHRISTMAS LAST ORDER DATES
Order by the below dates for delivery before Christmas*
• 3 day delivery: Thu 19th
• 2 day delivery: Fri 20th
• Next day: Mon 23rd
• Saturday delivery: Fri 20th
• USA: Mon 16th
• Ireland: Thu 19th
• France: Thu 19th
• Germany: Thu 19th
*none of these dates guarantees pre-Christmas delivery. Please order early to avoid disappointment. Orders must be placed before 4pm.
Dispatch Time & Price
Orders which are placed before 4 pm will be dispatched on the same working day (Monday - Friday).
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
Spend Over £40
Spend Over £75
Pre 10:30 am
Pre 12 pm
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.