Great chefs commonly use acetate sheets to put stunning finishing touches on cakes, candies and other desserts. Bakers use the sheets by spreading a thin layer of chocolate or candy onto a sheet, which can then be picked up and moulded into fanciful shapes or placed on baked goods. In this way, chefs can create chocolate cut-outs, wraps and decorations for their pastries. It's even possible to print designs on the acetate and then use them as "transfer sheets" for your desserts.
Please clean before use.
1. Cut the acetate sheet into shapes that will fit the cakes you're trying to cover. For example, if you have a round cake, you can cut a circle for the top and long strips for the sides.
2. Place the pieces of the acetate sheet flat on the counter on top of a piece of foil or wax paper.
3. Pour a thick layer of melted chocolate or liquid candy on the pieces and use a spatula to spread it evenly onto the acetate sheet. The candy will bleed over the edges onto the foil or wax paper beneath.
4. Leave the sheets to stand to allow the chocolate or candy to set for about five to 10 minutes until it is partially hardened but still very flexible. If you wait too long, the chocolate will become too firm to mould around your cake.
5. Lift each piece of acetate sheet very carefully and press the candy-coated side against your baked goods.
6. Place the entire cake, with the acetate sheets firmly in place, into the refrigerator and wait 30 minutes or until the candy has completely hardened.
7. Peel the acetate sheets off the cake very carefully. The chocolate or candy must stay on your cake while you peel away the acetate sheets and discard them.
Last Order Dates for Delivery Before Christmas
*None of these dates guarantees pre-Christmas delivery so please order early to avoid disappointment. Orders must be placed before 4pm.
3 Day Delivery: Tues 18th
Ireland: Fri 14th
2 Day Delivery: Weds 19th
USA: Thurs 13th
Next Day Delivery: Thurs 20th
France & Switzerland: Fri 14th
Saturday Delivery: Fri 21st
Germany: Weds 12th
Orders which are placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) will be dispatched on the same working day (Monday - Friday). Please note that this does not include Bank Holidays.
3 Days (Mon-Sat)
£2.99 (Free - spend over £40)
2 Days (Mon-Sat)
£3.99 (£1.99 - spend over £40)
Hermes - Next Day Delivery (Mon-Sat)
£4.99 (£3.99 - spend over £40)
DPD - Next Day Delivery (Mon-Fri)
£6.99 (£5.99 - Spend Over £40)
Pre 10:30am (Mon - Fri)
Pre 12:00pm (Mon - Fri)
Saturday or Sunday Delivery*
£5.99 (£2.99 - spend over £40)
International Delivery Pricing
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands.
If delivery cannot be made, DPD will try again on the next working day. If this is unsuccessful, it will be held at the depot for an additional 5 working days. After this, the parcel will be returned to us, at a surcharge of £5.
Please Note: None of our services are a guaranteed service. DPD have a 98% success rate on next day deliveries.
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.