Sugar And Crumbs pride themselves on naturally flavoured icing sugars and cocoa powders. This flavoured Icing sugar can help you on your way to creating indulgent butter creams, chantilly creams, meringues, icing and flavoured royal icing.
Flavoured butter cream
500g of Sugar And Crumbs flavoured icing sugar
250g of unsalted butter (Do not use margarine)
Tablespoon of milk (skimmed, semi skimmed or full fat). Add more if needed.
All Sugar And Crumbs Icing Sugars are made from quite intense flavours. If you wish you can dilute with plain icing sugar to give more of a “hint” of flavour, this also helps your bag go further!
1. Place butter at room temperature into your mixing bowl (250g) (Do not use margarine)
2. Mix for several minutes until it is light, fluffy and soft.
3. Add Sugar And Crumbs flavoured Icing sugar (500g)
4. Add a tablespoon of milk. More if needed or for a softer mix
5. Mix by hand at first to help reduce an icing cloud.
6. Mix for several minutes until light and fluffy.
7. Add more milk if you want to make a really soft consistency.
8. Add colouring if desired.
Vanilla sponge or cupcakes
110g/4oz margarine, softened at room temperature
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1-2 table spoons of warm boiled water
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, 350˚F, Gas 4 and line a 12 hold muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Cream the margarine and sugar together in a bowl until pale.
3. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a tablespoon of warm boiled water, until the mixture is of a dropping consistency.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
7. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Buttercream – Use Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing sugars, see “Flavoured butter cream” instructions above.
397g can condensed milk
450g Sugar And Crumbs Icing Sugar flavour of your choice
You will also need a 16-18cm square tin lined with baking parchment
It takes a little effort so stick closely to the steps, if you’re new to making fudge – once mastered the results are out of this world!
1. Place the ingredients into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while
the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To test its ready drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (link) (approx. 118˚C).
3. Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.
Additions if you wish add chopped nuts or fruit.
Ingredients: Icing Sugar, Anti-caking agent E341, starch (trace), Natural Flavourings, Carriers (Maltodextrin, Gum Arabic)
Values per 100g serving
Fat: 0g of which saturates 0g
Carbohydrate: 98g of which sugars 97g
May contain traces of nuts.
Free from Gluten.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Orders which are placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) will be dispatched on the same working day (Monday - Friday). Please note that this does not include Bank Holidays.
|3 Days (Mon - Sat)||£3.00 (Free - spend over £40)|
|2 Days (Mon - Sat)||£3.99 (£1.99 - spend over £40)|
|Next Day Delivery (Mon - Fri)||£4.99 (£3.99 - spend over £40)|
|Pre 10:30am (Mon - Fri)||£11.99|
|Pre 12:00pm (Mon - Fri)||£6.99|
|Saturday or Sunday Delivery*||£6.99|
|Returns||See Returns page|
|International Delivery Pricing||Click here|
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands.
If delivery cannot be made, DPD will try again on the next working day. If this is unsuccessful, it will be held at the depot for an additional 5 working days. After this, the parcel will be returned to us, at a surcharge of £5.
Please Note: None of our services are a guaranteed service. DPD have a 98% success rate on next day deliveries.
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.