How Do I send my Image to You?
Purchase your image size you require online and checkout. You will then receive an invoice from us, reply to that invoice with your image attached.
How should I store Edible Image decorations?
Store Edible Image decorations in the original bag in a cool, dry place. Always make sure that reclosable bags are completely sealed.
My Edible Image decoration is brittle and cracking; what can I do?
Your image(s) may have been stored in conditions that are too dry, or the reclosable bag was not completely closed. Be certain to always reclose the original bag.
Exposure to low humidity may cause Lucks Edible Image® decorations to become too dry and brittle, thus cracking or breaking upon peeling from the backing sheet. If you experience difficulties due to low humidity, try the following:
- If possible, move the image you are ready to use to a more humid environment. Keep the remaining images sealed in the original silver bag. A portable humidifier can solve the problem of low humidity in a room.
- Place the bag containing the Edible Image® decoration(s) in a proof box, open the bag and then reclose it.
- Open the bag of Edible Image® decorations near a faucet of hot running water, allowing steam to enter the bag without getting any water into the bag, reclose the bag.
- Place the Edible Image® decoration you are ready to use in an airtight plastic container with a warm damp cloth. Make sure the damp cloth does not touch the image. Keep the remaining images sealed in the original silver bag.
My Edible Image decoration is moist and difficult to remove from the backing sheet; what can I do?
Place the backing sheet on a table edge (with the image facing up) and roll the backing sheet over the sharp edge of the table. This technique will help to pop the image off the backing sheet. If this doesn’t work, the humidity is too high.
Exposure to high humidity may cause Edible Image decorations to absorb moisture and stick to the baking sheet making them difficult to peel. If you experience difficulties due to high humidity, try the following:
- If possible, move the image you are ready to use to a drier environment. Keep the remaining images sealed in the original silver bag. An air-conditioned room will usually be dry enough to condition the image so that it can be peeled.
- A Dry Box may be used in areas of high humidity to help dry Edible Image® decorations so that they can be easily peeled from the backing paper. The Dry Box is a large plastic airtight container with small food-grade desiccant packets placed inside to reduce the humidity of the air inside the container.
- Place the Edible Image decoration in a freezer for a 30 to 90 seconds, after which the image will usually peel easily from the backing sheet.
The colors in the Edible Image decoration ran; how can I prevent this?
The moisture content of the product you are placing the image on may be too high. Do not add any extra moisture when applying the image. Also take precautions with freeze/thaw cycles to avoid build-up of ice crystals. Thaw finished frozen decorated products slowly, preferably in a refrigerator, uncovered, to avoid running of colors and sweating.
Can Edible Image decorations be frozen?
Yes, Edible Image decorations work on ice cream and other frozen products, and can be frozen after application. It is important to take precautions with freeze/thaw cycles to avoid build-up of ice crystals. Thaw finished frozen decorated products slowly, preferably in a refrigerator, uncovered, to avoid running of colors and sweating.
The colors in the Edible Image® decoration faded, how can I prevent this?
All FD&C approved food colors are sensitive to light, especially pinks, purples, and some reds. It is best to avoid direct exposure to sunlight and strong fluorescent lights.
The Edible Image decoration is not absorbing into my food product; what can I do?
Your product is most likely too dry. Edible Image® decorations need a small amount of moisture to adhere to and meld into a product. You may need to apply a fine mist of plain water to your product before applying the Edible Image® decoration.
The Edible Image decoration “bubbles” after application, what can I do?
Gently TAP (do not rub) the image. When first applying the image to the product smooth from the center of the image first and then smooth outward toward the edges.
Can I write inscriptions on top of the Edible Image® decoration?
Yes. Just be sure not to push the decorating tip through the image.
Can I use Edible Image decorations for other products besides cakes?
Yes, Edible Image® decorations are versatile and work on numerous types of food products. Our standard catalog products are specially formulated to work ideally on buttercream icings, but also work for other food product applications. We also have the capability to custom formulate Edible Image® decorations based on the type of food product it will be applied to. Contact us for further information.
How do I store my product once I have applied an Edible Image® decoration to it?
Store your finished product as normally required for food safe handling. Edible Image® decorations will not effect the shelf life of your product and are freezer, refrigerator and shelf stable.