Cake Lace Like No Other
This Cake Lace comes pre-mixed; all you need to do is apply this to your mat, following the instructions provided on the video or your tub. This mix comes pre-coloured to a pearlised white, but you can add gel colour to customise this.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Available in 200g.
Water, Thickener: E1520, Thickener: E1422, Stabilizers: E415, Emulsifier: E433, Colouring: E171, Acidifier: E330, Colouring: E122*, Preserver: E202, Colouring: E133.
* may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children.
Made in a facility that may handle MILK, SOYA and SULPHITES.
Allergens shown in BOLD.
✔ Gluten free
✔ Suitable for vegetarians
Nutritional Information (per 100g):
Questions From Customers:
Q: How many sheets of Cake Lace can you make with 500g?
A: Depending on the design, you can achieve up-to 20-25 sheets.
Q: Does all the coloured Cake Lace dry stiffer than the standard white mix?
A: No, only the Pearlised White, Gold and Silver colours are stiff when dry, however, you can add white cake lace to the back of them and bake again in the oven to make them softer.
Q: Does the coloured Cake Lace stain the Cake Lace mats?
A: No it does not stain the mats.
Q: Can Cake Lace be applied to vanilla buttercream, ganache or swiss meringue buttercream?
A: Cake Lace can be applied to ganache and swiss meringue buttercream, however, we do not recommend applying to buttercream as this stays soft.
Q: Can I use Cake Lace on chocolate?
A: Yes, Cake Lace can be used on chocolate, some colours may need a tiny bit of edible glue to adhere.
To use 100g of pre-mixed Cake Lace:
1. Preheat your oven to 70-80°C.
2. Spread your Cake Lace mix onto the mat, using a Cake Lace spreading knife. Work the mix in all directions to ensure there is even coverage.
3. Remove any excess with the Cake Lace spreading knife.
4. Place into your pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes to dry your Cake Lace.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes for the Cake Lace to cool.
6. Check that the Cake Lace is ready by peeling the edge of the Cake Lace from the mat. It should release easily. If it does not, the Cake Lace is not dry, so place it back in the oven for another two minutes, and test again.
7. Place the dried Cake Lace face down onto a clean surface and using the spreading knife, release it from the mat.
8. To fix the Cake Lace onto your cake or cupcakes, paint a small amount of edible glue onto the back of the Cake Lace and press it gently onto the cake. Alternatively, if you are not ready to use the Cake Lace, wrap it in greaseproof paper until you are ready to use it.
Cake Lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours./p>
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 8pm (3:30pm for edible images*) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched the same business day (Monday - Friday). Orders placed after 8pm using this method will be dispatched on the next working day.
A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 8pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day.
A signature is required for these methods, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 8pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend. Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following week day.