This brand new Cake Lace has come pre-mixed, and pre-coloured - all you need to do is apply to your mat, following the instructions found below or on your tub.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Q: How many mats would 200g of Cake Lace make?
A: For small mats, you will get approximately 18-20 uses and larger mats approximately 8-10 uses.
Q: When colouring the Cake Lace do I need to do anything else?
A: We advise dropping the baking temperature by 5-10° and putting the Cake Lace in the oven for a total of 20-25 minutes. Please be aware that all ovens are different, so timings and temperatures are estimated.
Q: Does the coloured Cake Lace stain the Cake Lace mats?
A: No it does not stain the mats.
Q: Can Cake Lace be applied to vanilla buttercream, ganache or swiss meringue buttercream?
A: Cake Lace can be applied to ganache and swiss meringue buttercream, however, we do not recommend applying Cake Lace to buttercream, as this stays soft.
Q: Can I use Cake Lace on chocolate?
A: Yes, Cake Lace can be used on chocolate, some colours may need a tiny bit of edible glue to adhere.
To use 100g of pre-mixed Cake Lace:
1. Preheat your oven to 70-80°C.
2. Spread your Cake Lace mix onto the mat using the Cake Lace Spreading Knife. Work the mix in all directions to ensure there is even coverage.
3. Remove any excess with the knife.
4. Place into your pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes to dry your Cake Lace.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes for the Cake Lace to cool.
6. Check that the Cake Lace is ready by peeling the edge of the Cake Lace from the mat. It should release easily. If it does not, the Cake Lace is not dry, so place it back in the oven for another two minutes, and test again.
7. Place the dried Cake Lace face down onto a clean surface and using the knife, release it from the mat.
8. To fix the Cake Lace onto your cake or cupcakes, paint a small amount of edible glue onto the back of the Cake Lace and press it gently onto the cake. Alternatively, if you are not ready to use the Cake Lace, wrap it in greaseproof paper until you are ready to use it.
Cake Lace will remain pliable for many months, so transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some greaseproof paper, wrapped closely. Then, wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
Suitable for vegetarians. Gelatin and gluten free.
May contain traces of nuts.
Ingredients: Water; Anti-caking agent: E555; Humectant: E1520; Thickener: E466; Colourings: E171, E120 Emulsifier: E433; Acidifier: E330; Preserver: E202.
NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGANS AS CONTAINS E120
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 8pm (3:30pm for edible images*) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched the same business day (Monday - Friday). Orders placed after 8pm using this method will be dispatched on the next working day.
A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 8pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day.
A signature is required for these methods, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 8pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend. Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following week day.