Take your cakes and bakes to tropical climates with this versatile mould from Karen Davies!
With this tropical leaves mould, you can produce the most stylish and summer-themed cakes.
This mould features four tropical leaf designs, including: Monstera Leaf, Calla Leaf, Fern Leaf & Bamboo Leaves.
Monstera Leaf (Large) - 10.5m x 9cm
Monstera Leaf (Small) - 7.5cm x 5cm
Calla Leaf - 11.5cm x 6cm
Fern Leaf - 15.5cm x 4.5cm
Bamboo Leaf - 5cm x 1.3cm
How to create the perfect tropical leaves:
1. Dust the mould with cornflour. Turn over and tap out any excess.
2. To mould the long fern leaf, start with a tapered, slightly flattened piece of paste. Press the paste in firmly, keeping it flat and level with the mould, and tidying up the edges as you work along the leaf. If the paste or your fingers become 'sticky', dust with a little cornflour. Remove any excess paste at the tip with your thumb.
3. Turn the mould over and release the leaf. It can be dried straight or curved. You can also use a smaller piece of paste for short leaves.
4. For the Monstera leaves, roll the paste into a ball and flatten before placing it into the mould. Dust the mould with cornflour and remove the excess.
5. Place the paste in the mould as you flatten it, rub your thumb across the mould to reveal the holes and the splits in the leaf. It sometimes helps to add more cornflour to the paste when doing this.
6. Release the paste from the mould and place on kitchen paper. Rub green powder colour into the paper, and using a flat dusting brush, colour around the edges of the leaf and the veining. White powder can be brushed on to the leaf to create highlights.
7. Finish th leaf with an edible spray varnish.
8. Attach to your cake using edible glue or royal icing. Leaves can be attached soft or dry, depending on your requirements.
Wash and thoroughly dry the mould before use.
This mould pairs perfectly with our Tropical Birds mould - the ultimate combination to create flawless tropical masterpieces!
Dispatch Time & Price
Orders which are placed before 4 pm will be dispatched on the same working day (Monday - Friday).
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
Spend Over £40
Spend Over £75
Pre 10:30 am
Pre 12 pm
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.