Create stunning tropical or Hawaiian-themed cakes with this Pineapple Mould from Karen Davies.
This mould is perfect for creating a pineapple pattern effect on your cakes. You can even use the mould to create unique cupcake or cookie toppers using a circle cutter.
If pineapples aren't really your style, why not use the mould to create other unique patterns and designs? It's the same process, but with different colours and the right finishing touches, you can turn use this mould on almost any creation, from birthdays to wedding cakes!
Made in the UK and independently tested to ensure compliance to the highest food standards.
This mould can be used with: sugar paste, flower paste, marzipan, modelling paste, chocolate, candy, boiled sugar, salt dough, air-drying clays, cold porcelain and embossing powder.
1. Shake cornflour into the mould and turn over to tap out the excess.
2. Knead your paste until smooth. Roll the paste on the work surface until it is roughly the same size as the design. Place your paste on the mould and begin by pushing the edge of the paste into the bottom edge of the design. This will secure your paste.
3. Roll your paste firmly up to the mould until you begin to see the pattern through the back of the paste. Roll out the width of your mould, pressing firmly where the design ends and using your fingers, drag paste up to all the edges. A sharp knife can be used to gently cut away any excess paste before releasing or this can be done afterwards with a palette knife or cutting wheel.
4. Turn the mould over and gently peel the mould back, releasing the paste.
5. If attaching around the side of a cake, a straight edge can be cut using using a knife or cutting wheel.
6. Attach to the side of the cake using edible glue. When joining a second piece, the join is very well disguised within the pattern. If you feel that a join can be seen, use a Dresden tool or damp paintbrush to blend.
7. The leaf can be moulded by rolling a long thin sausage of paste and pressing into one end of the leaf before using your fingers to firmly guide it up to the opposite end. Tear away any excess. Smaller leaves can be made by moulding the whole leaf and then using a cutting wheel to cut out smaller sizes. Leaves can be dried straight or dried over a former to give shape.
Mould design measures apprxoimately: 10cm x 17cm.
We are open and operating as usual, but please be aware there may be delivery delays due to couriers' exceptionally high volumes.
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.