Create stunning winter-themed cakes this Christmas time with this Winter Village mould from Karen Davies!
This mould is perfect for creating cute house decorations to adorn the sides of your cakes with.
Or why not make cute little gingerbread house biscuits? Easily done and perfect to wash down with a cup of hot chocolate or a spiced latte!
Included in the mould design is 5 buildings, two trees and a snowman!
Made in the UK and independently tested to ensure compliance to the highest food standards.
This mould can be used with: sugar paste, flower paste, marzipan, modelling paste, chocolate, candy, boiled sugar, salt dough, air-drying clays, cold porcelain and embossing powder.
1. Shake cornflour into the mould and turn over to tap out the excess.
2. Knead your paste until smooth. Roll the paste on the work surface until it is roughly the same size as the design. Place your paste on the mould and begin by pushing the edge of the paste into the bottom edge of the design. This will secure your paste.
3. Roll your paste firmly up to the mould until you begin to see the pattern through the back of the paste. Roll out the width of your mould, pressing firmly where the design ends and using your fingers, drag paste up to all the edges. A sharp knife can be used to gently cut away any excess paste before releasing or this can be done afterwards with a palette knife or cutting wheel.
4. Turn the mould over and gently peel the mould back, releasing the paste.
5. Colour your houses with dust colours. Once finished, spray with edible glaze.
6. Once dry, attach to the side of your cake using edible glue or royal icing.
Mould designs measure approximately:
Why not pair this with our Karen Davies Sugar Snowflakes mould to create extra wintery themed details on your cake? You won't be disappointed with the outcome!
To safeguard our staff and adhere to social distancing we have less staff currently packing in our warehouse. This means that unless you order for next day delivery, your order may not be dispatched the same day.
Our couriers tell us that they are experiencing very large delivery volumes (akin to Black Friday levels) as everyone is now restricted to shopping online.
This means you should expect around 48 hours added to standard delivery times.
90 - 98% of Next Day deliveries are arriving on time.
Our couriers are all working with reduced resources to safeguard their staff which we totally respect.
In short, please allow a little extra time to receive your order (it'll be worth it, we promise!) We're very thankful to the lovely couriers and our Warehouse Heroes working extra hard to deliver happy mail to us in these unprecedented times.
Dispatch Time & Price
Please note that prices have slightly increased, due to the current situation regarding Covid-19 and delivery restrictions.
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.