Create fashionable stiletto shoes in a snap with Lisa Mansour, an award-winning expert in cake decoration. Lisa has been approved as a Wilton Method Instructor, appeared on Not My Mama’s Cooking Show on The Cooking Channel and Martha Stewart Radio plus much more.
Including in this kit:
Stiletto High Heel Silicone Moulds (Made from food-grade silicone).
Heel Strap Former.
5 Templates for the shoe, heel and toe strap (now made from reusable plastic)
Shoe heel can be made with chocolate, Isomalt, sugarpaste or gumpaste.
The finished shoe will measure approx.: 4.5” high (11.4cm)
1. Firstly, grease the silicone heel mould with some vegetable fat (shortening). Once this is done, knead your sugarpaste (fondant and place it into the mould. Using an angled spatula with a thin edge, move down the mould to remove any excess sugarpaste. When finished, place into the freezer for 10 minutes, this will speed up the curing time of the sugarpaste.
2. Place the heel mould upside down and unmould onto work surface. In order for the heel to be the correct height, it might be necessary to elongate the heel by stretching it. Carefully and slowly stretch the heel with your forefinger and thumb until it is the same height as your Styrofoam drying former.
3. Once the heel is the desired length, place it flat onto your work surface and let the feel dry overnight or longer if the time allows.
4. Add tylose to sugarpaste. Tylose allows your sugarpaste to dry faster, stronger and harder. Use a small rolling pin, roll the sugarpaste thin (about ¼ inch (0.64cm) thick). Place the sole templace on the sugarpaste and use a cutting wheel to cut out the pattern.
5. Dust your drying former with cornstarch. Stand heel up at the back of the drying form and place the sole onto it, lining up the heel with the back of the former. Use some glue or piping gel to attach the heel to the sole. Press firmly ensuring that the sole and heel are connected.
6. Create an inner sole by rolling out some more sugarpaste (thinner than the sole) and again placing the sole patter on to trace. In order for the inner sole to show, trim the inner sole slightly, ¼” (0.64cm) smaller than the pattern. Use a stitching tool to create realistic detail to the inner sole.
7. Use glue or piping gel to attach the inner sole to the existing sole of your shoe. Press to attached firmly.
8. Decide what type of shoe you are making, open toe or closed toe. Add tylose to your sugarpaste and again roll out to about ¼ (0.64cm) inch thick . Place the corresponding template down and cut around with a cutting wheel or knife.
9. Use glue or piping gel to attach the heel strap to the heel and sole made previously.
10. Repeat the same process to create the toe of the shoe. Use glue or piping gel to attach and press firmly to ensure the toe is connected to the sole. If the shoe does not want to hold it’s shape you can use paper towels or foam to prop up the toe in order for it to dry.
11. Add embellishments as desired to finish off the shoe.
We are open and operating as usual, but please be aware there may be delivery delays due to couriers' exceptionally high volumes.
Dispatch Time & Price
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.