Create perfect shell patterns and motifs with this incredible Shell Silicone Onlay from Marvelous Molds.
Now you can produce the ultimate seaside cakes, mermaid-themed treats or any other beach-related designs!
The onlay can be used with, sugarpaste, fondant, flower paste, modelling paste, modelling chocolate, Isomalt, buttercream and more! It can also be used with non-edible mediums, such as salt dough, plaster, sculpting clay, polymer clay, soap, cold porcelain etc.
This silicone onlay consists of 12 shells, measuring 2.5cm x 3cm.
Made with the highest quality, food grade silicone to produce an extremely durable silicone mould that is tear resistant and can withstand temperatures to 204 degrees C.
Onlay: 18.5cm x 11cm
Shell: 3cm x 2.5cm
1. Roll your fondant 1/16" thick. Lightly cornstarch the onlay and lay the fondant on top.
2. Press down lightly with your hand or a fondant smoother, then roll with a small rolling pin using light quick strokes.
3. Once the trimming blades cut through, remove the excess fondant. Brush adhesive evenly over the fondant. Adhesive should be part 1 water, 3 parts corn syrup.
4. Remove any unwanted pieces of fondant from the silicone onlay. Gently stretch the onlay on all sides to loosen the fondant. Align the onlay onto the cake and press the back gently to ensure the fondant adheres to the cake.
5. Carefully, and slowly, peel back the silicone onlay from the cake, checking to make sure the fondant hasn't pulled away. To apply all the way around the cake, repeat the previous steps, aligning the onlay with already applied fondant, using blades and alignment keys.
Wedding Cake Design by Nina Notaro of Cake Studio
To safeguard our staff and adhere to social distancing we have less staff currently packing in our warehouse. This means that unless you order for next day delivery, your order may not be dispatched the same day.
However, your order will still arrive within the timescales quoted at checkout.
Dispatch Time & Price
Please note that delivery timescales have slightly increased, due to the current situation regarding Covid-19 and delivery restrictions. We hope to return these to normal levels shortly.
Spend Over £40
Spend Over £75
Pre 10:30 am
Pre 12 pm
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.