The petals of the beautiful rose flower can be a complex aspect of your sugar flower to make using ordinary tools.
But with this set of three food safe, reusable large plastic cutters from FMM Sugarcraft, creating rose petals will have never seemed so easy.
Making marvellous rose bouquets for cakes for weddings and other landmark occasions such as anniversaries? Or perhaps you just wish to make those lovely edible rose flower cake decorations and heartwarming touches to cakes, cupcakes and other treats for Valentine’s Day and the like.
Full instructions on how to use these large rose petal cutters are provided on the reverse of the packaging. See those same instructions summarised briefly below for your own reference:
1. Using flower paste of your desired colour, make a cone shape about ¾ of the size of the smallest cutter. Dip the end of a cocktail stick into edible glue and insert this into the base of your cone, and then leave this to dry overnight.
2. Roll out some paste thinly and cut out four petals using the smallest cutter. Place the petals onto a firm foam pad and soften the edges using a ball tool. Brush one of the petals with edible glue and with the ‘point’ facing to the side, place the cone onto the petal and wrap around to form a tight ‘bud’.
3. Attach the next petal (point facing downwards) so it is slightly higher than the bud. Stick the left side down and leave the right side open. Tuck the next petal under the first, again leaving the right side open. Add the final petal in the same way and stick the right side over the first petal.
4. Roll out more paste and cut five more petals using the smallest cutter. Soften the edges using the ball tools and curl back the two top edges using a wooden cocktail stick. Attach the petals as described for the previous layer.
5. Cut seven petals using the middle sized cutter. Soften the petals, curl the top edges back and leave the petals to dry for five minutes so that they hold their shape. Add to the flower as before the create the layer.
6. Cut the final layer of nine petals using the largest cutter. Soften the petals, curl back the top edges and leave the petals to dry for five minutes before adding to the flower as before. Place the flower into a flower former, removing the stick when dry.
7. Secure the rose in place on the cake using a little royal icing.
The three cutters come in different sizes, measuring 5.6cm, 6.7cm and 7.8cm in diameter respectively.
- Reusable and made from durable, food safe plastic - safe around the kids.
- Easy to clean with warm, soapy water.
- Dry before use.
Orders which are placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) will be dispatched on the same working day (Monday - Friday). Please note that this does not include Bank Holidays.
3 Days (Mon-Fri)
£2.99 (Free - spend over £40)
2 Days (Mon-Fri)
£3.99 (£1.99 - spend over £40)
Hermes - Next Day Delivery (Mon-Fri)
£4.99 (£3.99 - spend over £40)
DPD - Next Day Delivery (Mon-Fri)
£5.99 (£4.99 - Spend Over £40)
Pre 10:30am (Mon - Fri)
Pre 12:00pm (Mon - Fri)
Saturday or Sunday Delivery*
International Delivery Pricing
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands.
If delivery cannot be made, DPD will try again on the next working day. If this is unsuccessful, it will be held at the depot for an additional 5 working days. After this, the parcel will be returned to us, at a surcharge of £5.
Please Note: None of our services are a guaranteed service. DPD have a 98% success rate on next day deliveries.
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.