Create gorgeous roses for for sugar flower bouquets with the Rose Petal Cutter Set of 5 by FMM.
With this set of five food safe, reusable plastic cutters from FMM Sugarcraft, creating rose petals will have never seemed so easy.
Making marvellous rose bouquets for cakes for weddings and other landmark occasions such as anniversaries? Or perhaps you just wish to make those lovely edible rose flower cake decorations and heartwarming touches to cakes, cupcakes and other treats for Valentine’s Day and the like.
How to Use
Full instructions on how to use these large rose petal cutters are provided on the reverse of the packaging. See those same instructions summarised briefly below for your own reference:
1. Using flower paste of your desired colour, make a cone shape about ¾ of the size of the smallest cutter. Dip the end of a cocktail stick into edible glue and insert this into the base of your cone, and then leave this to dry overnight.
2. Roll out some paste thinly and cut out four petals using the smallest cutter. Place the petals onto a firm foam pad and soften the edges using a ball tool. Brush one of the petals with edible glue and with the ‘point’ facing to the side, place the cone onto the petal and wrap around to form a tight ‘bud’.
3. Attach the next petal (point facing downwards) so it is slightly higher than the bud. Stick the left side down and leave the right side open. Tuck the next petal under the first, again leaving the right side open. Add the final petal in the same way and stick the right side over the first petal.
4. Roll out more paste and cut five more petals using the smallest cutter. Soften the edges using the ball tools and curl back the two top edges using a wooden cocktail stick. Attach the petals as described for the previous layer.
5. Cut seven petals using the middle sized cutter. Soften the petals, curl the top edges back and leave the petals to dry for five minutes so that they hold their shape. Add to the flower as before the create the layer.
6. Cut the final layer of nine petals using the largest cutter. Soften the petals, curl back the top edges and leave the petals to dry for five minutes before adding to the flower as before. Place the flower into a flower former, removing the stick when dry.
7. Secure the rose in place on the cake using a little royal icing.
The cutters come in different sizes measuring: 2", 1.5", 1.25", 1" and 0.5".
- Reusable and made from durable, food safe plastic - safe around the kids.
- Easy to clean with warm, soapy water.
- Dry before use.
To safeguard our staff and adhere to social distancing we have less staff currently packing in our warehouse. This means that unless you order for next day delivery, your order may not be dispatched the same day.
Our couriers tell us that they are experiencing very large delivery volumes (akin to Black Friday levels) as everyone is now restricted to shopping online.
This means you should expect around 48 hours added to standard delivery times.
90 - 98% of Next Day deliveries are arriving on time.
Our couriers are all working with reduced resources to safeguard their staff which we totally respect.
In short, please allow a little extra time to receive your order (it'll be worth it, we promise!) We're very thankful to the lovely couriers and our Warehouse Heroes working extra hard to deliver happy mail to us in these unprecedented times.
Dispatch Time & Price
Please note that prices have slightly increased, due to the current situation regarding Covid-19 and delivery restrictions.
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.