Create adorable and professional-looking building blocks using this Nursery Building Block Set from Patchwork Cutters.
This set aids in the production of quick and easy building blocks - perfect for the little one's first birthday, Christening, baby showers and more.
The Set Includes:
The finished block measures approximately: 38mm x 38mm x 38mm
1. On a lightly greased non-stick board, roll out white flower or modelling paste. (Don't lift the paste when rolling, and roll the paste very thin)
2. Grease the cutter and press firmly into the paste.
3. Remove the cutter and lift the excess paste from around the edge of the figure.
4. Colour the largest areas with dry dust colour, then mix alcohol or lemon extract with dust colours to paint finer details.
5. Roll out flowerpaste in your chosen colour,
6. Lightly grease the large cross-shaped cutter and place onto the paste. Press firmly but DO NOT cut through.
7. Turn the cross over before it dries out and moisten with water.
8. Place a 38mm dried cube of sugarpaste (or the stryo block to practice first) onto the centre and and lift the cross pieces around the cube.
9. Use cake smoothers to press the top and sides to neaten.
10. Finally, moisten the figures you made earlier with water and attach to the sides of the cube.
To safeguard our staff and adhere to social distancing we have less staff currently packing in our warehouse. This means that unless you order for next day delivery, your order may not be dispatched the same day.
Our couriers tell us that they are experiencing very large delivery volumes (akin to Black Friday levels) as everyone is now restricted to shopping online.
This means you should expect around 48 hours added to standard delivery times.
90 - 98% of Next Day deliveries are arriving on time.
Our couriers are all working with reduced resources to safeguard their staff which we totally respect.
In short, please allow a little extra time to receive your order (it'll be worth it, we promise!) We're very thankful to the lovely couriers and our Warehouse Heroes working extra hard to deliver happy mail to us in these unprecedented times.
Dispatch Time & Price
Please note that prices have slightly increased, due to the current situation regarding Covid-19 and delivery restrictions.
For International Delivery Pricing - Click Here
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands. Please also be aware that any deliveries to Northern Ireland with a 'BT' postcode will usually take three days to arrive (on 2 Day Northern Ireland Delivery).
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands or Islands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.