These cutters from PME are ideal for use with a huge range of edible materials, such as sugarpaste, fondant, florist paste, gumpaste, marzipan and more. Use this set to create beautiful dove designs, excellent for wedding cakes.
Plunger cutters, often called ejector cutters, are a great, straight-forward method of creating different designs from sugarpaste or other similar materials. They allow you to create more delicate creations, as you don't have to shake the cutter to remove the sugarpaste, simply press the button to release.
1) Take a small ball of paste and roll to a sharp point at one end. Fill the body with this piece of paste positioning the pointed end towards the beak.
2) Roll out another piece of the paste on a non stick surface, using cornflour or icing sugar for dusting.
3) Cut out the bird without pressing the plunger.
4) Now using the plunger, press down onto the bird on a flat surface to join the body to the wings and to mark the feather detail on the wings.
5) Press the plunger again to eject the bird and pinch the beak with fingers to sharpen.
6) Bend the body to curve the breast out and the head up. Fold the wings and tail upwards. Use a flower/leaf veiner to assist with this. Leave to dry on a piece of folded card.
7) Colour as required
Size of large cutter approx.: 5cm wingspan by 3cm beak to tail.
|3 Days (Mon - Sat)||£3.00 (Free - spend over £40)|
|2 Days (Mon - Sat)||£3.99 (£1.49 - spend over £40)|
|Next Day Delivery (Mon - Fri)||£4.99 (£2.99 - spend over £40)|
|Pre 10:30am (Mon - Fri)||£11.99|
|Pre 12:00pm (Mon - Fri)||£6.99|
|Saturday or Sunday Delivery*||£6.99|
|Returns||See Returns page|
|International Delivery Pricing||Click here|
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Weekend Deliveries (UK)