Easy Mincemeat Puff Pastry Bite Recipe
We’re sure mince pies are already on the Christmas baking agenda, but if you’re wanted to opt for something a little different, take a look at these mincemeat puff pastry bites!
Containing just two main ingredients, these bites are ideal for quickly whipping up for a Christmas movie marathon, or as a nibble for party guests and visiting family members during the holidays.
- Ready Made Puff Pastry (approx. 3mm in depth)
- Ready Made Mincemeat
- 1 Egg (optional / for glazing)
- Icing Sugar (optional / for decoration)
1. Defrost your puff pastry in the fridge for 24-36 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 215°c (approx. 190°c for fan ovens).
3. Un-roll the required amount of pastry on a clean counter.
4. Roll the pastry with a rolling pin to smooth. Aim for a thickness of approximately 3mm.
5. Divide the pastry for the bases down the width of the pastry. Approx. 2 inches wide per strip. Then place on a baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Spoon your mincemeat on top of the strip of pastry, making sure it is central and at least 15mm from the edges. You could use a savoy or piping bag for this if required.
7. Moisten all four edges with a mist of water, then place a cut-out piece of pastry to form a ‘lid’.
8. Using your fingers, push all four sides down gently to create a firm seal.
9. Light egg wash each pastry.
10. Sprinkle with granulated sugar (optional).
11. Snip down the centre using sharp-pointed scissors, to create a pattern and create an escape for the steam.
12. Bake for 20-25 mins at 215°c (approx. 190°c for fan ovens).
13. Once baked & cool, portion into the desired widths removing the end trim.
14. Dust with icing sugar, and serve.