It’s our favourite time of year, the leaves are starting to turn shades of orange, we’re ready to crank the heating up and get cosy – it’s officially Autumn! And in honour of spooky season, we’ll show you how to decorate the perfect Halloween cupcakes.
From cute and cool Halloween Cakes, to show-stopping witchy creations, we’ve loved seeing everyone’s Halloween-themed bakes on Instagram and we thought we’d put together a guide to help you join in too.
Serve up ghoulish treats to your family and friends this Halloween, with these spooktacular Easy Cute Halloween Cupcakes by Sarah from @bake.works
Sarah used some of our fab Halloween products to decorate these super simple but effective cupcakes. Great for baking with the kids during half-term, or for a Halloween party. The cupcakes are super-easy to create and a lot of fun too!
Sarah has also been kind enough to share her step-by-step guide for how she decorated these Halloweek cupcakes, including this video tutorial too. Look no further for the best Halloween cake ideas!
Halloween Cupcake Boxes
Colour Mill – Purple, Black, Green, Orange
Happy Sprinkles – Witch Please
Make A Wish – Sugar Crystals and Non Pareils
PME – Edible Eyes
PME – Black and Gold Flecks Cupcake Cases
Wilton Piping Tips
The Sugar Paste – Green and Orange
Instructions for Easy Halloween Cupcakes
1. Prepare buttercream as the recipe requires, and use Colour Mill to create a classic ghoulish green colour.
2. Using a piping bag, pipe a series of blobs onto the top of the cupcake.
3. Attach edible eyes.
4. Sprinkle with green non-pareils and sugar crystal rocks.
5. Prepare buttercream as the recipes requires, and use Colour Mill to create a fang-tastic vibrant purple colour.
6. Using a piping bag, pipe a large single swirl on to the top of your cupcake.
7. Add cute sugar skulls, sprinkles, or glitter to the icing.
8. Prepare buttercream as the recipe requires, and pipe over the top of your cupcake (you can colour the icing if you like!).
9. Mix different colours of non-pareils, crystals, and sprinkles in a bowl.
10. Dip the top of your cupcake into the bowl until all the icing is covered.
11. Add sugarpaste pumpkin decorations and other sprinkles to the top of the cupcake.
12. Last but not least, don’t forget to present them in true Halloween attire with our new Halloween cupcake boxes!