Achieve professional, sharp, clean edges quickly and easily. The pack contains 1x rounded and 1x straight-edged smoother. Designed in conjunction with award-winning cake designer Helen Mansey of Bellissimo Cakes.
The smoothers are perfect for larger cakes of 10inches+ (25cm) as they have a flatter curve.
Straight-edged smoother: 10.6cm x 9.5cm
Rounded smoother: 10.6cm x 9.5cm
1. Make a ganache using one part whipping cream and two parts dark chocolate. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Layer and fill the cake with the ganache then secure the cake onto a thin cake board.
3. Coat the top of the cake with ganache then coat the sides, ensuring you achieve straight sides and a crisp top edge. Allow to harden overnight.
4. Brush the ganache very lightly with cooled, boiled water and apply a 4mm layer of sugarpaste to the cake. Use regular smoothers to smooth the sugarpaste. Use the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers straight away following the instructions above.
1. Cover a cake as you would in preparation for royal icing to create a sharp top edge (i.e. top and sides separately) and leave to dry for 24 hours.
2. Brush with clear spirit and apply a 4mm layer of sugarpaste to the cake. Use regular smoothers to smooth the icing then follow the instructions for using the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers above.
Before using the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers on sugarpaste it is important to create a clean, crisp edge on the cake coating underneath (e.g. marzipan or ganache). Please see further details above for pre-coating methods.
Use the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers on freshly-covered cakes while the sugarpaste is still soft. For a round cake, hold the smoother with the curved edge on the top of the cake and hold the straight smoother against the side of the cake. Apply light pressure and gently run the two smoothers together around the top edge of the cake. You will notice a crisp edge starting to appear. Repeat as necessary until you are happy with the results.
For a square cake, use the straight edges of each smoother to achieve a sharp edge.
Orders which are placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) will be dispatched on the same working day (Monday - Friday). Please note that this does not include Bank Holidays.
|3 Days (Mon - Sat)||£3.00 (Free - spend over £40)|
|2 Days (Mon - Sat)||£3.99 (£1.99 - spend over £40)|
|Next Day Delivery (Mon - Fri)||£4.99 (£3.99 - spend over £40)|
|Pre 10:30am (Mon - Fri)||£11.99|
|Pre 12:00pm (Mon - Fri)||£6.99|
|Saturday or Sunday Delivery*||£6.99|
|Returns||See Returns page|
|International Delivery Pricing||Click here|
*Weekend deliveries are only possible for orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm.
Next Working Day Delivery (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm (3:30pm for edible images) Monday - Friday, with the Next Working Day Delivery option selected, will be dispatched for delivery the following business day (Monday - Friday), between the hours of 8am - 9pm. A signature is required for this method, so you will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. Please allow an additional 24 hours for any order to be delivered to the Scottish Highlands.
If delivery cannot be made, DPD will try again on the next working day. If this is unsuccessful, it will be held at the depot for an additional 5 working days. After this, the parcel will be returned to us, at a surcharge of £5.
Please Note: None of our services are a guaranteed service. DPD have a 98% success rate on next day deliveries.
Any order containing a product that is listed as a preorder, will be held until the preordered item has arrived in stock. Orders containing a preorder cannot be split, if other items are needed before the expected delivery date, these items should be ordered separately.
Weekend Deliveries (UK)
Any order placed before 4pm* on Friday, with the "Saturday Delivery" or "Sunday Delivery" option selected, will be dispatched on the same day for delivery between the hours of 8am - 6pm on the selected day. A signature is required for this method, so somebody will need to be at the delivery address to sign for it. If the order is placed after the 4pm cut-off on a Friday, the order will be dispatched for delivery on the following weekend.
Please note we are unable to guarantee any order being dispatched to the Scottish Highlands to arrive within the quoted time frame.
*Orders for edible images have a cut-off time of 3:30pm – orders placed after this time will be dispatched for delivery the following weekend.