There’s something luxurious about a piece of millionaire’s shortbread. This indulgent traybake treat is so delicious, it could easily be mistaken for a more complicated bake. But the truth is, it’s actually really simple to make! With our quick and easy Millionaire’s Shortbread Recipe for beginner bakers, you’ll be serving up a slice in no time!
This Millionaire’s Shortbread Recipe Requires…
To make your shortbread, you’ll need:
- 230g of plain flour
- 70g of caster sugar
- 175g of unsalted butter
And to make the topping, you’ll need:
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- 125g of butter or margarine
- 100g of light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- 200g of milk chocolate OR 150g milk chocolate and 50g of white chocolate
- Preheat your over to around 180 degrees (gas mark 4)
- Mix together your unsalted butter and caster sugar, and then add in your plain flour. Mix together by hand or in a food processor/mixer. Combine these ingredients until they form a dough texture.
- Line a cake tin (approx 20cm) and press your dough mixture into the base. Use a fork to prick the dough, then bake in your pre-heated oven for 25mins (or until lightly golden and firm).
- To make your caramel, mix together your condensed milk, 125g of butter or margarine, light brown sugar and golden syrup and heat in a saucepan. Aim for a pan with a decently thick base, to avoid burning your caramel mixture!
- Continually stir the mix as you bring it to the boil, and then continue to stir on a lower heat for between around 5mins (7-8mins maximum).
- Once heated, gently pour your caramel over your shortbread and leave to cool and set.
- No Millionaire’s Shortbread recipe would be complete without a decadent chocolate topping. To make it, melt your chocolate once your caramel has set. For plain milk chocolate, simply melt in a bowl over hot water, pour over your caramel and leave to it to set! Or, for a marbled milk and white topping, melt your chocolate flavours separately and cover the caramel with your milk chocolate. Then add your melted white chocolate on top, and swirl together using a skewer or cocktail stick.
Now you’re all set! Next time you’re inviting friends round, or are visiting family, why not whip up a batch? This Millionaire’s Shortbread recipe will be a firm favourite before you know it.
As always, we want to see what you come up with! Tag us in your traybake snaps using the hashtag #CakeDecFamous so we don’t miss it!
Looking for more inspo?!