Adding a sugar syrup to your bakes is a great way to add extra intensified flavour, and keep your cake moist! In this post, our friend Sarah from @bake.works shares with us her simple sugar syrup recipe.
Here Sarah uses the Lemon Drizzle edition of Ingenious Edibles’ concentrated flavoured icing sugar, but you can use whichever flavour you like. Choose from zingy lemon, nostalgic strawberry milkshake, classic vanilla or indulgent salted caramel! Let the flavours inspire your next bake.
We get the feeling this will become a staple in your kitchen! It couldn’t be simpler and makes a big impact on your cakey creations.
Pssst… you can watch Sarah make this sugar syrup herself over on Youtube – just click here!
Simple Sugar Syrup Recipe – what you need:
- 200g sugar
- 1 x Sachet of Ingenious Edibles Lemon Ultra Concentrated Flavoured Icing Sugar
- 250ml water
You will also need:
- 1 sterilised glass bottle or jar
- In a saucepan, mix 200g of sugar with one sachet of Ingenious Edibles Lemon Ultra Concentrated Flavoured Icing Sugar.
- Add 250ml of water to the sugar mix. Bring to a boil and stir until all sugar has dissolved (approx. 1-2 minutes).
- Leave to cool and transfer the syrup into a sterilised air tight container. Store in the fridge.
We’re so grateful to Sarah for sharing this simple sugar syrup recipe with us! And Now it’s over to you! Happy baking, and be sure to spread the word. This is a not-so-secret ingenious tip for levelling up your cakey creations! You just need to decide which flavour to try first…
Looking for more inspo?!