An easy way to level up a simple cookie is to add a burst of delicious flavour to the topping! Choose your favourite colour of sugarpaste, grab a sachet of the Ingenious Edibles concentrated flavoured icing sugars and make some magic! Thanks to our friend Sarah from @bake.works, we’re bringing you a Fondant Cookie recipe, to help you make your own.
So now you just need to pick your colour and flavour, and get baking! Will it be Vanilla, Strawberry Milkshake, Lemon Drizzle or Salted Caramel?!
Pssst… you can watch Sarah make these cookies herself over on Youtube – just click here!
Fondant Cookie Recipe – what you need:
For the cookies, you’ll need…
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 30g cornflour
- 300g plain flour
And for the fondant topping, you’ll need…
- 250g of coloured sugarpaste in your chosen colour
- 1 tsp x of Ingenious Edibles Ultra Concentrated Flavoured Icing Sugar
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk for 4 mins until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla.
- Whisk in the cornflour and plain flour until the mixture comes together into a dough.
- Put the dough between two pieces of baking parchment, and roll out to a 6mm thickness using a rolling pin. Cut out your cookies and chill in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- While your cookies are chilling, heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas.
- Bake for 7-10 mins. Leave to cool on the sheet for 15 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add 1 tsp of Ingenious Edibles flavoured icing sugar per 250g of fondant. Knead the fondant until all of the icing sugar is incorporated.
- Add some corn flour on your worktop and roll out the fondant to about 4mm thickness. Cut out your fondant.
- With a food safe brush, add a little water to your cookie and add the fondant.
- Add some more water on top of the fondant and add sprinkles.
OVER TO YOU!
Thanks so much to Sarah for sharing this fantastic fondant cookie recipe with us. Now it’s over to you!
Looking for more inspo?!